Thursday, June 23, 2016

New Couch

We are the worst. Shortly after we were married, after we threw away our free-to-haul-away-couches, we were in the market to buy a real life adult couch at full price from my husband's best and oldest friend. It took us all day and his friend said we were honestly the worst clients he had ever had ever selling anything and he has sold everything. This shopping behavior of ours has translated to everything we've ever bought. Or should say he has ever bought because I like to buy things in like 10 seconds with zero thought.

But big things like cars and houses and men's shoes, anything that involves my husband, take a very long time. He might just be a man who likes to shop. For just one thing. Extremely slowly and carefully with lots of intense thought and comparison and research. Not lots of things like groceries. Because I give him shopping lists that look like this:
One of my relatively organized shopping lists
And he can't read them or find any of the things in the store. Man can buy three things at the grocery store: eggs, milk, and beer in the same time it takes for me to buy aaallll the things. He just takes his time. He's careful. I am not careful. (See disaster of a shopping list.)

So he can spend all day buying a couch. Or not buying one and going home to sit on our existing dirty broken outdated couch and saying, "You know, this couch isn't so bad. The kids are just going to ruin a new one. And I did a great job choosing this couch in the first place, right?" And I say, "Sure honey. Whatever you say." Because there was childcare. And coffee.